This topic explains how to set up the Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight development toolchain on a Linux computer.
The firmware for the Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight must be built manually (Firmware is not supplied for automatic download via QGroundControl).
To set up the development environment:
- Add your user to the dialout group:
sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER
- Log out and back in.
- Download the ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh script and run it on your machine:
cd ~ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PX4/Devguide/master/build_scripts/ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh ~ sudo chmod +x ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh ./ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh
To install the Cross-Toolchain and Hexagon SDK:
Start by installing some dependencies:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot \ fakechroot fakeroot unzip xz-utils wget python python-empy -y
Clone the cross_toolchain repo:
git clone https://github.com/ATLFlight/cross_toolchain.git cd cross_toolchain
- Download the Hexagon SDK v3.0 from here to your cross_toolchain/downloads location (you will need to create an account if you don't have one).
- Download the latest version of the qrlSDK file from here to your cross_toolchain/downloads location (you need to create an account if you don't have one).
- Run the installer:
./installsdk.sh --APQ8074 --arm-gcc --qrlSDK
- The installer tells you to set a few environment variables. Append these to your
export HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.0 export HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/HEXAGON_Tools/7.2.12/Tools export HEXAGON_ARM_SYSROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/qrlinux_sysroot export ARM_CROSS_GCC_ROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/ARM_Tools/gcc-4.9-2014.11 Don't forget to source it: ```source ~/.bashrc```